Search This Blog

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Reflections

At different times most of us take a day or maybe two and look back over events in our lives. I have had many different ones, most of which I do not talk about. Actually, I generally have deep conversations about my life because I am a private person. There are, however, events that have happened in my life and I have responded to them in ways that left me to wonder if I misread the interpretation. I am sure more than once that has happened. Many times in my life I have created a more difficult situation for myself trying to help someone else. While some might say this is a sign of sainthood, (which it is not) I have realized that in doing so, I have turned away help that was meant for me. Very few times I have met someone that were built like I am in the sense of having a servants heart and being genuine in what they say and do. Unfortunately for me, I am the one that lost. This post is to remind you that when you are fortunate enough to have someone to be that person for you, uplifting, encouraging, selfless, etc. do not take it for granted. It is hard sometimes because you think that they have better things to do than spend their time and effort on you, but it is for a reason. Do not mess up something good because your self worth is low. Pushing someone away because your self worth is low only hurts you, and you're worth much more than you give yourself credit for. Experience talking, let someone build you up once in a while especially if they are sincere.

No comments:

Post a Comment